It’s also invaluable for any company looking to recruit cloud computing professionals. For qualified job seekers, staying on top of these trends can and does lead to well-timed career moves, higher salaries and greater chances for professional growth.
Real-time business intelligence of the talent marketplace is a fascinating area to track. Wanted Analytics is a leader in this field, and their analytics applications and advanced data sets are used for competitive analysis, sourcing new hires, analyzing employment and economic trends, and lead generation. I’ve never worked for Wanted Analytics and they’re not a client. They were kind enough to provide a test-drive account for this analysis. The Wanted Analytics platform is based on 25,000 employment sources that together account for 950 million job posts.
Here are the key take-aways from an analysis of cloud computing job opportunities:
- For all positions that mention the term cloud computing as part of the description, requirements or prerequisites, the Hiring Scale is 72. The higher the score on the scale, the greater difficulty employers are having in finding the right applicants for their open positions. Wanted Analytics has published a white paper explaining the methodology of the Hiring Scale and you can download it here.
- Average salary range for cloud computing jobs is $90,650 to $110,800 according to the Wanted Analytics.
- There are 10,077 positions open at 1,447 employers, with the average posting period being 47 days. This analysis is based on all positions where cloud computing is mentioned as part of the job description, requirements or prerequisites.
- The following map shows the distribution of job counts by Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) and a table comparing the top 20 MSAs nationally.
- EMC (17%), Amazon.com (16%) and Salesforce.com (12%) and their partners are the leading cloud computing employers currently looking to fill positions. Software, services and system integration partners that work with these three companies will often mention them in their own job ads as well. This distribution of jobs reflects the partner network these companies have each built in addition to jobs available with each of them.
Top ten certifications include the following:
- Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS SCI) (863 ads);
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) (385 ads);
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (209 ads);
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) (193 ads);
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) (180 ads);
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) expertise (156 ads);
- Business Process Management Programming Languages (BPM) expertise (137 ads);
- EMC System Administrator (EMCSyA) (130 ads);
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) (109 ads);
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (108 ads).
(Cross-posted @ Enterprise Software Strategist)