We woke up this morning to a wonderful endorsement from the mighty Gartner for all the hard work the HfS team has been putting into developing our HfS Blueprints over the last couple of years, when we proudly launched our revolutionary HfS Blueprint crowdsourced methodology for evaluating business and IT service providers. Yes indeed folks – Gartner has announced it is doing its own “Blueprints research”!
Since we released the first Blueprint Report almost 18 months’ ago, the HfS Blueprint has become one of the industry’s best known and most popular methodologies for assessing provider capability and competitive market landscapes, with fourteen Blueprint reports now published (you can view all the HfS Blueprint highlights here). Enterprise buyers have used the Blueprint Reports exhaustively as an assessment guide for their provider portfolio management, and many advisors rely on it to sanitize their own provider selection processes with their clients.
So does this mean Gartner will take onboard the key tenets of the HfS methodology, in addition to leveraging the broad community data we gather from 1000′s of industry constituents, when it develops its own “Blueprints”? Let’s recap how we develop and execute on the HfS Blueprint methodology – and you can make up your own mind whether you think Gartner will deviate away from its Magic Quadrant process for assessing tech suppliers:
The Tenets and Objectives of the HfS Blueprint:
- To assess services providers without being reliant on the arbitrary viewpoint of a single analyst;
- Provide a credible methodology (see here) to gauge the performance of service providers against “real” innovation and execution capabilities;
- Deliver a performance assessment of providers that apportions importance weightings of each innovation and execution category based on data from our annual State of Outsourcing Survey, conducted with the support of KPMG, covering 1200 enterprise buyers, influencers, advisors and provider executives each year;
- Evaluate performance assessments of providers where exhaustive inputs from buyers and influencers shape the scoring (not solely a handful of rose-tinted client references that the providers served up themselves);
- Enable a customizable assessment tool where enterprise buyers re-calibrate the weightings to assess their provider-fit based on their own unique needs.
Good luck Gartner – we can’t wait to see these new Blueprints of yours’ hit the market!
(Cross-posted @ Horses for Sources)